This page is intended for users in Malaysia. Go to the page for users in United States.
This document is an English translation of an original document in Japanese. If there is any discrepancy between this translation and the original document, the latter shall prevail legally.
1. Common Rules
2. Individual Rules
- 2.1. Wantedly Visit
- 2.2. Wantedly People
- 2.3. Wantedly Chat
3. Rules for Businesses
- 3.1. Common Rules
- 3.2. Wantedly Admin
1. Common Rules
Thank you for using Wantedly products and services (“Services”). Services are provided by Wantedly Inc. (the “Company”).
The Services cover a diverse range of areas and functions, and thus may be subject to additional conditions of use (including the “ Posting Policy ”; hereinafter “Additional Provisions”). Additional Provisions are obtainable with their associated Services. When you use Services subject to such provisions, the relevant Additional Provisions shall constitute part of your agreement with the Company.
Changes to and Termination of Services:
The Company is entitled to change the content or specifications of Services and to terminate or temporarily suspend Services, at any time and without prior notification to you.
Restrictions on Use of Services:
The Company may limit use of Services to persons of at least a certain age or persons who have satisfied certain conditions by undergoing identity verification or other similar procedures, and otherwise impose conditions on use of Services.
Further, the Company refuses to allow use of Services to members of anti-social forces (including persons who were members in the past) and to affiliates thereof, as well as to persons who misuse Services or cause a nuisance to a third party.
In some cases, an account may be required for use of Services. You may create an account yourself or be assigned an account by your administrator (your employer, organization, etc.).
When creating an account, you are obligated (1) to register true and accurate information, and (2) to amend registered content by yourself, as appropriate, to ensure that such content is up-to-date.
In cases where you use an account assigned by an administrator, the administrator may access or delete your account.
For purposes of account protection, passwords should not be shared with others. It is your responsibility for all acts performed via your account. The Company may deem any act performed via your account to be an act committed by you.
Handling of Customer Data and Content:
The Company is not obligated to perform backups of customer data. You should perform backups yourself as needed.
All rights to your content belong to you; provided, however, that you shall permit, in a non-exclusive manner, the Company and the Company’s business partners to use, at no charge and without restriction as to the geographical location, frequency or period of such use, any content uploaded with settings making such content accessible to many and unspecified customers, and you shall raise no objections to such use.
The following acts (including acts and preparatory acts for the inducement of the following acts) are prohibited when using Services:
- Acts contrary to public order and morality;
- Acts which infringe on the rights of the Company or any third party;
- Harassment, denigration, net stalking, or encouragement of discrimination in regard to any other customer, and any other act that will be a nuisance or inconvenience to any other customer;
- Acts for the purpose of sales, promotion, advertisement, inducement or any other activity for profit (excluding acts permitted by the Company), acts for the purpose of meeting or associating with any member of the opposite sex with whom the customer is not already personally acquainted, or any other act which utilizes Services for purposes other than those originally intended;
- Acts which damage or impede the function of software, hardware, servers, or networks of the Company or third parties;
- Acts which collect and/or disclose, without permission, the personal information, registered information, use history or the like of any other customer;
- Acts which utilize any other customer’s account to use Services;
- Acts which transfer or lend your account to any third party, or disclose your account password to any third party;
- Acts which attempt to extract or reverse engineer the source codes of software included in Services; and
- Acts which use Services to provide benefits directly or indirectly to anti-social forces.
Responses to Violations etc.:
In the following cases, the Company shall be entitled to delete your data, content or account, or suspend the provision of services to you, without prior notification. Further, in cases where you have registered multiple accounts, the same measures may be taken in regard to all such accounts.
- If you are delinquent in payment of money to be paid to the Company, or if the use of a credit card or bank account designated as the means of payment of such money has been suspended;
- If you are the subject of a petition for bankruptcy, civil rehabilitation, corporate reorganization, special liquidation, or other insolvency proceedings, or the Company otherwise determines that your creditworthiness is unstable;
- If an account has been registered or utilized by an anti-social force or its constituent member or affiliate, or the Company determines that there is a likelihood of the same;
- If you have not used your account for one year or longer; and
- If the trust relationship with you has been compromised, or the Company determines that it will be difficult to continue the contractual relationship with you.
Compensation Paid to the Company:
If the Company suffers damage (including attorney fees and any other costs borne or damages paid) as a result of a claim or the like resulting from any act by your, you shall compensate the Company for such damage.
The Company’s liability in regard to Services shall be exempted in all cases not attributable to willful misconduct or negligence on the part of the Company. Further, the Company shall bear no liability other than a liability for actual damages limited to direct and ordinary damages (excluding lost profits, or indirect, special or punitive damages) and, with respect to any paid services, compensation for damages up to the relevant fees for such paid services (with respect to continuous services, an amount equivalent to the cost of six months’ service). In cases where the foregoing disclaimer is invalid under the Consumer Contract Act or other applicable laws or regulations, the Company shall receive exemption to the maximum extent permitted by the applicable laws and regulations.
Prohibition on Assignment:
You may not assign to third parties, without the Company’s consent, any rights or duties arising under agreements with the Company.
Any communication from you to the Company concerning Services shall be made by transmission of an inquiry form available at an appropriate location on a website operated by the Company, or by such other method as the Company may designate.
Communication from the Company to you concerning Services shall be made by public posting to an appropriate location on a website operated by the Company, or by such other method as the Company deems appropriate.
Governing Law/Agreed Jurisdiction:
Contractual relations between the Company and you shall be governed by the laws of Japan. The Tokyo District Court shall be the exclusive agreed court of first instance for any dispute arising between the Company and you in connection with Services.
2. Individual Rules
When the Services set forth below are used, the following provisions shall apply.
2.1. Wantedly Visit
Profile information for which a scope of access cannot be selected under settings will be viewed by anybody.
2.2. Wantedly People
The Company will use the information on third party business cards that customers save on the Company server for only the following purposes among the purposes of utilization set forth in the “Privacy Policies”. Please note that information on third party business cards will not be used to inform such third parties about the products or services of the Company or other third parties.
- To provide Services optimized for each customer as needed;
- To ensure the safety of Services;
- To improve Services or develop new services; or
- To investigate and/or analyze the state of use of Services.
2.3. Wantedly Chat
The Company will handle the content and history of communication with you in a manner that maintains the confidentiality of such communication. Please note that, in cases where the Company has obtained your consent or is required or permitted under laws and regulations, the Company may access, disclose to an investigating authority or other third party, or delete, the content or history of communication with you.
3. Rules for Businesses
Businesses (including corporations, groups, and sole proprietors) may use Services targeted for businesses (“Business Services”).
The following rules shall apply to all customers who use Business Services.
3.1. Common Rules
Business Service Use Applications:
When you wish to use a Business Service, you must submit a use application in accordance with use application procedures prescribed by the Company.
Unless otherwise stipulated in an Additional Provision, Continuing Business Service agreements will be renewed automatically upon expiration of the initial contract term. If you wish not to renew, you must carry out, in advance, non-renewal procedures prescribed by the Company. Please be advised that, in cases where an agreement has been renewed automatically as a result of failure to perform non-renewal procedures, use fees for the renewal term will apply.
Restrictions on Early Termination:
Unless otherwise stipulated in an Additional Provision, continuing Business Service agreements cannot be terminated during the term thereof. Even in cases where, after commencement of an agreement, you have ceased use of a Business Service, the use fee for the corresponding agreement term cannot be refunded, and the full amount of unpaid use fees (if any) must be paid.
Please note that if, in breach of the foregoing, you request a refund of use fees or refuse to pay unpaid use fees, the Company, without prior notification, may delete your data, content, or accounts, or may decline to allow your use of Business Services in the future.
Use by Employees etc.:
If the Company suffers damage (including attorney fees and any other cost burden or payment of damages) as a result of a claim or the like resulting from any act of your Employee etc., you shall compensate the Company for such damage.
In cases where you will use administrative authority to verify the state of use of an account assigned to an Employee etc., you shall engage in such conduct only after obtaining the consent of the relevant Employee etc., and shall show due consideration for the confidentiality and privacy of communication.
Use on Behalf of Third Parties, Consignment:
In cases where you will use Business Services on behalf of a third party (“Beneficiary”; including, without limitation, your subsidiaries and affiliated companies) or entrust the use of Business Services to a third party (“Consignee”), you must obtain the Company’s consent in advance. The Company has complete discretion concerning whether to approve such requests.
You shall pay the prescribed use fees for Business Services by the deadline prescribed by the Company using a method prescribed by the Company.
In cases where you fail to pay a use fee by the relevant deadline, the Company shall be entitled to demand delay damages calculated at 14.6% per annum for the period from the date immediately following the deadline until payment is completed.
In addition to use fees, the Company is entitled to charge any taxes (including, without limitation, consumption taxes) required to be collected in accordance with laws and regulations and to be paid to the relevant tax authorities, in accordance with the tax rate or tax amount applicable from time to time.
The Company shall use the domicile that you submit at the time of use application to make internal/external determinations of consumption tax, and in cases where an error in a submitted domicile results in problems in the collection of consumption tax, you shall be responsible therefor.
The Company and you shall maintain the confidentiality of all confidential information of the other party that is disclosed by such other party in connection with the use of Business Services (limited to operational or technical information of the other party that is managed as confidential by such other party and was clearly indicated as confidential by such other party at the time of disclosure, and excluding: information that was in the public domain at the time of disclosure; information that entered the public domain following disclosure, without a violation of any duty of confidentiality; information obtained lawfully from a third party without the imposition of any duty of confidentiality, regardless of whether obtained before or after disclosure; and information developed independently, without relying on confidential information), and, unless the other party’s consent has been obtained, shall not use such information for any purpose other than the performance of the agreement between the Company and you in regard to Business Services, or disclose or divulge such information to third parties; provided, however, that when disclosure is required pursuant to laws and regulations or financial instruments exchange rules, the relevant party may disclose such information to the minimum extent necessary. Moreover, this confidentiality duty shall remain in effect for a period of three years following the expiration of the agreement between the Company and customers in regard to Business Services.
Exclusion of Anti-Social Forces:
The Company and you both represent to each other that neither it nor its representatives, officers, or other persons substantially involved in its management, currently fall under an organized crime group, an organized crime group member, a quasi-member of an organized crime group, an enterprise associated with an organized crime group, a corporate racketeer (sokaiya), a social campaign advocate racketeer (shakai-undo-hyobo-goro), a political campaign racketeer (seiji-katsudo-hyobo-goro), an organized crime group with special intelligence, or a person having a close relationship with such entities or persons comparable thereto, and covenant that it will not fall under any of the foregoing in the future.
3.2. Wantedly Admin
Clear Indication of Work Conditions:
As a general rule, by the time of your initial contact with a job candidate after such candidate has entered the selection process (i.e., when commencing formal communication with candidate by in-person interview, email, telephone or the like (excluding communication etc. in regard to the scheduling of interviews)), you shall clearly specify working conditions, including the content of the duties to be performed, the wages, and the work hours (“Content of Duties to be Performed etc.”), and shall comply with the items indicated below.
- The Content of Duties to be Performed etc. shall not be false or exaggerated.
- With respect to work hours, the times at which work is to begin and end, work in excess of prescribed work hours, break times, non-work days and the like shall be clearly indicated. Further, when flexible work hours are applicable, a clear indication shall be made to that effect.
- With respect to wages, the form of payment (classified into monthly pay, daily pay, hourly pay, etc.), base pay, allowances paid at fixed amounts, commuting allowances, matters relating to pay raises, and other matters shall be clearly indicated. Further, in cases where there is fixed overtime allowances, the following shall be clearly indicated: the method of calculation (limited to circumstances in which fixed overtime work hours and amounts are clearly stated); the amount of base pay excluding fixed overtime work allowances; the fact that overtime work in excess of fixed overtime, work on non-work days, and late-night work are paid by adding extra wages; etc.
- When, for unavoidable reasons, some items from among the Content of Duties to be Performed etc. are to be indicated separately, this fact shall be clearly indicated together with the Content of Duties to be Performed etc.
- The standards, scope and the like of the Content of Duties to be Performed etc. shall be as definite as possible so that candidates have a detailed understanding of the relevant matters.
- The clear indication shall be made in concrete and detailed to the extent possible, including in regard to the work environment.
- In cases where it is possible that the Content of Duties to be Performed etc., as clearly indicated, will differ from the Content of Duties to be Performed etc. at time of execution of the work agreement, this fact shall be clearly indicated alongside the Content of Duties to be Performed etc., and in cases where the Content of Duties to be Performed etc. will be different from the content that has already been clearly indicated, such fact should be promptly informed to the candidate.
- When the Content of Duties to be Performed etc. during a probationary period will differ from the Content of Duties to be Performed etc. after such probationary period, both versions of the Content of Duties to be Performed etc. shall be indicated.
In cases where you designate an Employee etc. as a recruitment officer, you shall do so with the consent of the relevant Employee etc., having explained that the following information (limited to items registered by the Employee etc.) will be made public regardless of profile privacy settings.
- Profile photo
On Wantedly Admin, it is not permissible to engage in personnel recruitment for SES technicians, crowdsourcing online workers, zero-inventory EC site operators, or any other service consignee deemed inappropriate by the Company. Further, it is not permissible to engage in personnel recruitment for your subsidiaries and affiliated companies without permission in accordance with 3.1. “Use on Behalf of Third Parties, Consignment”.
Last modified on January 16, 2018.
Effective on January 30, 2018.